RJF Farhi Limited is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected in full compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003. This policy is effective from July 1, 2011.
Information we collect
When you register on this web site, order or enquire about our products and services we may collect the following information:
- Contact information including your postal address, telephone number(s), email address and if ordering for someone else, their contact details;
- Demographic information such as preferences and interests;
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties except our agents and subcontractors such as courier companies for the purpose of fulfilling your orders such as the organisation of your delivery, providing you with account statements and invoices and to communicate with you with regards to matters relating to the conduct of your account the delivery of our services.
What we do with the information we collect
We require the information we collect from you to understand your needs and provide you with better products and services and help us improve and develop our web site. We also use this information for:
- Internal record keeping;
- To aggregate and collate statistics for the purposes of monitoring web site usage in order to help us develop our web site further. For this purpose we may provide such aggregate information to third parties however, aggregate information and statistics provided to third parties will not include any information or details that can be used to identify any individual.
Additionally, if you have opted to receive information from us, we may:
- From time to time to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- To inform you by post, email or telephone about special features of our web site or of any other service or product that we think may be of interest to
- To inform you by post, email or telephone about information, products and services from third parties that we think may be of interest to you.
If you change your mind and would rather not receive some or any of this information or be contacted by us, you may unsubscribe from our contact list by sending us an email to email@example.com with the subject Unsubscribe. Alternatively you can log in to your account from here and change your preferences or call customer services on 020 8343 7555 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday except for Public and Bank Holidays.
Security is a major issue for anyone purchasing on the internet. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure and you are confident that our web site is legitimate and transactions are secure before you buy. To address this issue farhi.co.uk uses a Premium Digital Certificate from GoDaddy which facilitates an encryption process that takes the characters you enter and converts them into bits of code which are then securely transmitted over the internet. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have also put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences or deliver features line auto-log-in.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website and its features.
To find our more about cookies please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes;
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by changing the settings in your account preferences, writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so. From time to time, we may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Customer Services Department, RJF Farhi Limited, 289-293 Ballards Lane, London N12 8NP
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please log in to your account to correct it or write to us at the above address or email us at email@example.com as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.